Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ready or Not...


So here we are, another semester. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by!

Last semester, though... last semester really sucked. I can't give any one reason why, but I didn't care for my instructors (I'm not the only one) and it didn't help. Just because one has the credentials, does not mean that one should teach. I was also suffering from a severe lack of motivation in the beginning of the semester, which lead to a constant game of catch up. Only one of my classes was difficult, but I ended up not doing so great in both. Again, not a great semester, but it's over with and I passed my classes, so moving on....


This semester though... this semester is going to rock! I can already feel it. My motivation is in overdrive. Don't get me wrong, the classes I have are difficult. Though they compliment each other nicely, I have been warned by a few (instructors included) that the combination of Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology II is not going to be easy.

I think my motivation this semester is partially due to the fact that I have very competent and pure awesome instructors, the kind that truly inspire you. I was even stopping myself from clapping in one of my classes during lecture, just for the mere fact that everything he said made sense! (Dork alert, I know) I know with instructors it can be a "win some loose some" situation and especially at the community college level, but this semester is a total WIN. I don't want to get ahead of myself since it's only been one week, but so far, they rock. They are tough and very strict, but if they know what they are doing and do it well, they can be. Also, I have successfully arranged a study group for my A&P II class, something I should have done last semester (live and learn).



Another thing that is helping is I've added working out to my daily schedule. Yes, another thing that I have squished into my schedule. I never really gained the "freshman 15" when I was in college after high school, the only significant gaining I've done was the "Knocked up 100." Yet, if there is a "freshman 15" for the unconventional returning student.... I managed to do it... and then some. So, I've put myself on a strict diet/workout regimen and it's been paying off. Not only is it paying off on the scale, but it's paying off on my motivation. I study after my morning workout (post shower) and it really helps my concentration. I know that there are studies that say exactly that, so I am not learning anything new.... but it's nice to see that they are right about it.


I am just so excited I had to share it, even if no one else cared. If I've totally bored you, I'm sorry I cannot refund the last 3 minutes of your life, assuming you made it here.

Study groups and Jillian Michaels workouts,

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment