Friday, July 8, 2011

My Milk Shake brings all the boys to the...

Yeah yeah.... Had to grab your attention somehow!

So my favorite thing right now are these awesome milkshakes! They are yummy, healthy and vegan (if you like that sort of thing, I am trying to eat 'cleaner' but I still love my meat! jeez, that sounded bad) Anywho...

My favorite breakfast (or snack), besides yogurt (although I've been experimenting with oatmeal, not my favorite thing but the health benefits are awesome), has been Milkshakes! 
I have to warn you... since my camping trip this last weekend, my camera has decided to take a pooh on me. Honestly, I'm not sure it's the camera or the memory card, since I haven't had the time to look for my other memory card to try it out. I also think, since it had such beautiful scenery from the camping trip, it has refused to take (save) photos from anything less A- MAY-ZING! Anyway, on to my crappy phone photography.


I so wished this turned out as yummy as it is. Here is the recipe:

Wake me Up Before I Go Go Milkshake

1/2 frozen large banana ( The one in the picture was only partially frozen, I'm impatient...)
1/2 C Coconut milk (love the So Delicious) 
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp (or more depending on how you like it) Instant coffee
1/2 cup ice cubes (you can omit if you like, usually the frozen banana is plenty frozen goodness)
Sweetener (I usually don't, but sometimes the bananas just don't do it, so agave, stevia, etc. will certainly sweeten it up for you)

Blend (I use my super awesome Magic Bullet) until smooth and enjoy!

Of course there are many variations of this, sometimes I add chocolate chips (I like the Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa chips), or mint, or just the love (ahh) is plenty! haha! I've seen many variations of this all over the blogosphere and kind of made it my own.

I've heard rumors of these wonderful Apple-Bananas in Hawaii that sound so yum, I can't wait to try them someday (and bring an extra suitcase when I visit). After all you can freeze them!

Bananas and Coconuts (yeah, I know),

Desiree

1 comment: