Thursday, August 26, 2010

in a funk

So... I'm in a funk (as the title so appropriately states). I had a two week break between my summer semester and the fall semester. Initially I didn't think it was going to be enough of a break... I had too much to do and very little time to do it. I had to make sure Ethan was all ready for school, make sure I was ready for a new semester, Tiger scouts planning, catch up on laundry, housecleaning and possibly a little R&R.

About 4-5 days into my "break" I was climbing the walls, I needed a textbook to read, a test to study for, homework to do... ANYTHING!!!
I was thrilled when I got my textbooks (about a week into my break), I cracked them open right away. I had a week to get a head-start, and I knew with the classes I had, I was going to need it.

Fall semester officially began Monday, and since one of my classes is online, it began Monday as well. My other class, which is on campus, starts tomorrow (Friday, the 27th). With the withdrawals I was having during break and the excitement of just getting my textbooks, you'd think this week I would've been ecstatic, farting rainbows left and right.

Nope.

Nothin.







Well said little dude... well said...

The past couple days, I have had no interest in the reading I should be doing, my love of making flashcards has completely dissipated, my nighttime hobby of watching iTunes lectures from Ivy League colleges (my Ivy League education on a community college budget) has come to a complete stop. I have even procrastinated using cleaning... CLEANING!!! I would rather be cleaning up the mess my son leaves behind after going to the bathroom than studying.
I know what you are all thinking, "Desiree, what's up? what's going on? and ewww..." I have one answer for you.

Donno.

I'm hoping that when I go tomorrow for my A&P class that the fresh smell of textbooks, the bright colors of a PowerPoint presentation, new lead in my pencil, and my favorite bright orange notebook I use for taking notes will snap me out of it. It should. It will. I'll be totally fine....

If not, at least my toilet will be the cleanest on the block....

(and no, I won't clean yours)

No comments:

Post a Comment